Thumbs Browser - v. 1
|TThumbsBrowser is a
comprehensive, fast and effective solution to add
picture browsing capability to your application with no
extra coding. This browser has a complete set of
features to handle the displaying, search and
manipulation of a large number of picture files and
allows a good degree of flexibility.
is the perfect solution for Delphi
developers to create applications
that need to browse and operate
through hundreds and thousands multimedia
files, without any performance
It comes with many typical
file browsing features
It is also
extremely cheap in resources
consumption. Due to its flexibility,
it can be easily customized to fit
your own needs.
Using ImageEn I/O abilities, the
browser supports as many picture
formats as ImageEn is capable of
reading. RAW formats can be
displayed by using the free
open-source DCRaw library by Dave
Coffin and its dll conversion
offered as download by the ImageEn
- Delphi (one of
following versions): 5/6/7/2005/2007
- ImageEN Library
Nexus DB for thumbs
storing and instant retrieving. (Optional
- can be excluded with
TThumbsBrowser is a delphi class
that descends from
TCustomControl. It uses an
intelligent loading thread to create the
miniatures of the pictures from files
and it does not engulfs the cpu,
allowing both browsing and thumbs
creation in a smooth way.
This component has many advantages over
the ImageEn native component
TImageenMView, but it is not a
replacement. While TImageEnMView is
oriented to the presentation of
multimedia files, ThumbsBrowser is
oriented in working with the file system
- Top-notch performances. Fast Preview, smooth browsing while
loading thumbnails. Does not make the GUI flicker or frozen.
- The intelligent browsing loads first the thumbnails
that you are actually displaying.
- Can browse both in horizontal and in vertical. The
number of rows and columns is automatically determined to fit
- Thumbnails have built-in checkboxes, rotate buttons,
and info buttons (can be used to attach any popup menu as well).
- IIt is possible to customize the look and feel of each thumb
using the provided onitemdraw events.
- Can load entire folders also recursively and it can load
lists of filenames or it can add thumbnails from memory
(TIEBitmap) and memory streams. You can also create thumbnails
yourself and then assign them directly or append them.
- It supports loading even from a WIA source using a
connection to a device such as a digital camera.
- Sorting by file name, date, exif date, size, width and
height, type, and other..
- Filter by any Search criteria. Filter by typing becomes
possible because filtering is very fast.
- Allows Internal Drag/Drop and if you use apowerful suite
like Drag-Drop suite you can easily implement external drag-drop
- Built-in Shell Operations: Rename Files, Convert between
file types, Copy/Cut/Paste files, Rotate files (jpg lossless
- Can print sheets with the thumbnails. Calculates the number
of pages to be printed for any columns and rows layout and then
sends them to printer.
- If you integrate it with the free embedded Nexus Database
Engine, the browser can store the thumbnails to database and
retrieve them instantly when their file names are queried in the
database. You do not have to handle this, just enable or disable
the database cache and the browser will store the thumbnails and
then decide itself whether the files need to be taken from
database or reloaded again (due to a time-stamp change). The
database is stored in one location on your computer (that you
can choose). No files are created in other folders.
A quick start guide is provided in the
documentation, as well as a complete and detailed demo